Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Africa and abandoned theme parks

1) I like his work because for a starter I love pictures of animals and nature and also I love how he got the animas in their actual life instead of staged. All of his pictures from this album are black and white which makes the animals stand out and look more realistic compared to other animal pictures I've seen. I really love how in the picture of the Giraffes he got the sun in the background and how it looks like the sun is shinning down upon the giraffes and praising them and how the glare from the sun is around the giraffes figures instead of blurring the out. I wonder what setting he used to get that to work. I want to take pictures like that some day.

2)
3) This photo is my favorite because of how he focused the picture mostly on the little baby elephant in the middle of the two other elephants and how he blurred the edges of the photo to make you focus more on the center of the picture. And this photo really gives me a lot of emotion because I love elephants so much and any picture of an elephant I will love.
4) You can see framing in this picture because the little elephant is framed by the two other elephants.   And also lines because all of the elephants legs and trunks create lines along the picture.
5) Camera- Pentax 6711
     Lenses- Two fixed lenses
6) While directing a music video he fell in love with the animals so he tried to film the animals but it didn't work so he changed over to photography and used the camera to capture his feelings for the animals.
7) he hopes to show people animals in their state of being instead of in action which is what most photographer produce.
8) "I'm not interested in creating work that is simply documentary or filled with action and drama, which has been the norm in the photography of animals in the wild. What I am interested in is showing the animals simply in the state of Being. In the state of Being before they are no longer are. Before, in the wild at least, they cease to exist. This world is under terrible threat, all of it caused by us. To me, every creature, human or nonhuman, has an equal right to live, and this feeling, this belief that every animal and I are equal, affects me every time I frame an animal in my camera. The photos are my elegy to these beautiful creatures, to this wrenchingly beautiful world that is steadily, tragically vanishing before our eyes." -Nick Brandt

1) Lincoln Park, Dartmouth, Massachusetts because the park has cool old stories. I like how everything is broken down and really old looking and i would like to see the park in person to t=get the full effect of the theme park.

2)




3) - South Congress
- Cocoa Beach
- Kansas City
- Ohio six flags
- India
4)
5) This place would be interesting to take pictures of because if what happen there with the hurricane hitting it and flooding the whole park, it would be cool to see the remains of the hurricane. Also the people in Ohio are so cool. I would like to see how different Ohio six flags is from texts six flags.
6) I would need a camera, flight ticket, money, hotel planning, and permission to get into the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment